SAFF 2023 Information-coming in June
Be sure and mark your calendars for SAFF 2023!
October 21, 22, 23 2022
- Event Location – WNC Agricultural Center-GATE 7
761 Boylston Hwy, Fletcher, NC 28732
- Driving Directions
- Venue Map
- Workshops & Classes
- Admission Cost is $5 per Person per day or three day pass for $10 (only at gate, no early sales). Bring cash!
- Youth Under 13 Years are Free!
There are classes on Thursday. No shopping, no selling. We are setting up.
Friday, October 20 – (9 am – 5 pm)
Saturday, October 21 – (9 am – 5 pm)
Sunday, October 22 – (9 am – 4 pm)
The event is located at the WNC Agricultural Center, in Fletcher, NC, across Hwy 280 from the Asheville Regional Airport. (Exit 40 off I-26).
Free demonstrations take place all the time at SAFF. Watch as vendors and other festival-goers spin, knit, weave, crochet and felt throughout the event. At particular times, vendors will demonstrate a special technique.
Drop in and Weave
Throughout the weekend you can try your hand at weaving with the WNC Fiber Handweavers Guild. They’ll have looms set up near the main entrance of the Davis, In the long hall that runs from the atrium area near the information desk. Experienced weavers will be on hand to answer your questions as you try out the fascinating transformation from yarn to cloth.
If you want to learn more, visit with representatives of the John C. Campbell Folk School on Friday and Saturday to see what opportunities are available in our craft-rich area. You’ll find them in the long hall near the main entrance of the Davis arena, near the information desk.
Coming in October
Coming in September
WNC Agricultural Center-GATE 7
761 Boylston Hwy, Fletcher, NC 28732
Fletcher, NC 28732
Take I-26 East to Exit 40. Make a right turn off the ramp on to Airport Road, 280. Go past Fanning Bridge Road and continue on Airport Road, 280 to gate 7. That is the main entrance. All gates, except 7, will be closed.
Take I-26 West to Exit 40. Make a left turn off the ramp on to Airport Road, 280. Go past Fanning Bridge Road and continue on Airport Road, 280 to gate 7. That is the main entrance. All gates, except 7, will be closed.
For more information on the Event Location visit:
WNC Agricultural Center
Be aware all gates are closed, during the event, except gate 7. Click on page to close
Lodging and RV
SAFF takes place during “Leaf Season” and rooms fill up quickly. Try to make your reservations as soon as possible. The actual address is 1301 Fanning Bridge Road, Fletcher, NC 28732. Also the zip code of 28704 which is Arden.
RV Site Rental Information-there are, roughly, 127 full hook-ups
- SAFF can provide a number of full hook-ups for Recreational Vehicles on the Grounds of the Western NC Agricultural Center at a cost of $45/night before October 1. After October 1 $90. No refunds after October 1
- RV Site locations are along the fence by Fanning Bridge Road; on the right-hand side of the Alpaca Barn; in front of Barns A & B, and along the back area at the lower end of the fairgrounds.
- Campers will need to bring a splitter for water, as most of the locations share 1 hydrant between 2 sites.
- Site selection is based on first-come-first-served. Specific RV sites are not reserved, because there is no way for us to police this across the board.
- All RV’s must post their RV Sticker on the passenger’s side of their windshield where it can be easily seen from outside. (These stickers indicate what nights have been paid for.) You will be required to check in with the front desk or Friends and Fiberworks in the Davis arena and to get your sticker.
- You MUST fill out a 2022 RV site rental form and mail it to Lorri Helms or if you would like to register and pay online click here https://saffregistration.org/rvregnonmbr.asp. If you are unable to download the Reservation Form or register online, contact Lorri to have them sent to you.
- No matter where you chose to camp, entry to and exit from the fairgrounds is from Airport Rd only, gate 7
258 Angel Road
Mars Hill, NC 28754