2014 SAFF Handspinners’ Wool Fleece Show
- Fleeces will be judged Friday October 24, beginning at 1:00 p.m. in the center of the McGough Arena.
- Judging is open to all SAFF attendees and everyone is encouraged to watch and listen.
- Ken Wolf of Lockie Lane Farm will return as our wool show judge for 2014.
- Fleeces will be accepted Thursday October 23 from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Friday October 24 from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- All wool fleeces must be entered and on-site by 11:00 a.m. on Friday October 24.
- The emphasis of the show is suitability of fleeces for hand spinning and all fleeces will be judged on this basis.
- Fleeces may be mailed for entry. See show rules.
*PLEASE NOTE: There are two brand new additions to the Wool show this year.
- Class winners in the Wool show that are being offered for sale will be put up for silent auction after the judging. We will place them all together on a table with clipboards to accept bids. The starting bid is the producer’s asking price. Bidding will close at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Any winners that are not for sale should be left with us for display until Saturday afternoon.
- We will offer premiums to Show winners. In each class, Third place winners will receive $10, Second place wins $15, and $20 for First place. Grand Champion wins $50 and Reserve Champion wins $35.
Online Registration “how to”. 1. click on link above, you will come to come to the producer login page. This is free and you will need to “signup”. If you have already have a SAFF profile, you will still need to do this in order to enter your fleeces.
2. Fill in your information and enter the number at the bottom of that same page.
3. Then you will come to the page to enter your fleeces.