2015 SAFF Handspinner’s Mohair Fleece Show
The emphasis of this show is the suitability of fleeces for hand spinning and all fleeces will be judged on this basis. SAFF’s goal is to provide a market for the small, or new, Producer as well as the larger one. We strive to create an atmosphere that emphasis an exchange of knowledge for the Producer and the Spinner alike. Judging is open to all SAFF attendees and everyone is encouraged to watch and listen.
TIMES AND LOCATION:
- Show, Sale, and Fleece Check in will be in our new venue – BOONE BUILDING.
- Fleeces will be judged Friday October 30, beginning at 11:00 am.
- Fleece Check-In is Thursday October 29 from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Friday October 30 from 8:30 am until 10:30 am. No exceptions.
- Fleeces may be mailed for entry. See show rules.
- All Fleece must be picked up by 5:00 pm Sunday, November 1.
Bonnie Naumann of Medina, TX is back as our Mohair Judge for this year’s show. Bonnie’s wealth of knowledge brings great consistency to our show. Welcome Bonnie.
NEW RULES AND CHANGES:
- Slight change in Fleece Check-In cut off time on Friday to 10:30 am instead of 11:00. We pushed this back a little so that we could open the sale earlier.
- Fee Increase to $5 for standard Show and Show/Sale Fleece registration. Standard Sale Only fleece registration fee will remain at $2.
- Early Registration discount is back. If Fleeces are registered on-line or received in the mail by October 10, 2015, Show and Show/Sale fee will be $4 and Sale Only will be $1.
- We have added the Champion, Reserve Champion, and 1st place winners that are for sale to the Silent Auction. See show rules below for details.
- Penalties for Late registration will be implemented: Any registration received between October 27, 2015 and October 29, 2015 (6 pm) will have the fee doubled. All registrations after 6 pm October 29, 2015 will have to be done On-Site and will have triple fee applied.
- We will also limit the number of fleeces entered in Show to two fleeces per class per Producer with a total overall limit of 7 fleeces per Producer entered in show. There will be no limit on the entry of Sale Only fleeces for this year.
- We will not be judging Pygora fleece this year. This is one of the areas we wish to revamp, so be on the lookout for changes next year. Pygora fleeces are most welcome to be sold in our fleece sale.