Because of SAFF’s overall expansion, the sheep and goat shows will be in the McGough Arena. The pens and show ring will all be down on the main floor of the arena. The sheep show will be sharing space in McGough with the goat show.
Sheep Show Times to be aware of :
Show entries close on 14 Oct, 2016
SAFF 2016, Friday October 28 to Sunday October 30
Check in Thursday 1 to 6 p.m. or Friday 9a.m. to 6 p.m. NO VEHICLES ALLOWED INSIDE MCGOUGH ARENA
Junior Show, Saturday beginning at 9 a.m.
Open Show, Sunday beginning at 9 a.m.
Sunday, Jonathon or Ben Hearn will be offering shearing services. Location and cost TBA
You must read and sign the SAFF Livestock Rules and Regulations Form SAFF LIVESTOCK RULES AND REGULATIONS
Health Certificates are required for all animals coming from outside of NC
All sheep must comply with the USDA Scrapie Eradication Program and be tagged
Show coordinator is Tami Russell, 828-606-5602; [email protected]
- $25 late fee for registrations postmarked after 14 Oct, 2016
- Use assigned stalls only.
- Substitutions within a class are permitted: please turn in changes to the show coordinator by 6 p.m. Friday
- Only one show person/animal in the ring
- Judging is based 60% on wool quality (need 2 inch minimum of fleece), 40% on conformation: fleece class based solely on fleece
- There must be a minimum of 2 entries to constitute a class; if only one entry, at the judge’s discretion classes will be combined by breed, color, or wool.
- Juniors must be 18 yo or younger on show date.
- No hay or straw available on site
2016 Sheep Show judge will be: Maryann Johnson