Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair
AOA Approved Alpaca Handcrafters’ Spin-off
October 30, 31, & November 1, 2015
In Our NEW Site Location – BOONE BUILDING
WNC Agricultural Center, Fletcher, NC
The Largest Fiber Fair in the South is Changing for 2015! Please join us for SAFF’s Annual AOA Approved Alpaca Spin-Off Competition and Fleece Sale 2015
There are a great many things changing this year. The date change has allowed us to expand into the entire WNC Agricultural Center venue; giving the Fleece Show and Sale its own building. Our new home is the Boone Building located just across the courtyard from the Davis Arena.
With all of these changes, we decided take the opportunity to revamp our Alpaca Fleece show to see what SAFF could do to be more helpful and reflective of current Alpaca Industry challenges. The emphasis of SAFF’s Fleece show is the suitability and quality of fleeces for hand spinning. SAFF’s goal is to provide a market for the small, or new, Producer, and the spinner. We strive to create an atmosphere that focuses on an exchange of knowledge for all. To accomplish our goals, we decided to only have the Spin-Off competition, and Fleece Sale for this year. We hope to bring back the cottage fleece show, and full fleece show next year bigger and better if it makes sense to do so. We invite your comments at: email@example.com.
Last year, the Silent Auction for the Wool Show winners was well received. We have decided to expand participation to Mohair and Alpaca as well. Judges Choice and Highest Scoring entry in a Color Group of the Spin-Off that are also selling their fleece will also be put into the Silent Auction.
If you would like to sell your fleeces, please see the Fleece Sale web page and register online. For Spin-Off entry, see below.
We look forward to seeing you this fall!
SHOW ENTRY CONTACT:
LABrador Acres Suris
1106 Hunters Run Drive
Tega Cay, SC 29708
Entry Fee: $20.00 per spin-off entry plus $6.00 AOA Fee ($26.00)
(an additional $80.00 is required for those without an AOA Show System Number)
JUDGES: Nicole Taylor, Melanie Martin
AWARDS: Ribbons 1st through 6th
– Judges Choice – (Huacaya and Suri)
– Highest Scoring Entry in Each Color Group – (Huacaya and Suri)
Entry Registration opens July 10, 2015.
Registration closes September 1, 2015. All entries must be postmarked prior to, or on, September 1, 2015, and arrive by September 8, 2015.
All Handcrafters’ Spin-off entries will be on display during the 2015 Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair. The hours are as follows:
Friday, Oct 30, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct 31, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, Nov 1, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Spin-off Entries may be collected.
- Color Check is required as part of check-in/judging process and spin-off entries may be moved to a more appropriate color class per Show Superintendent/Judge’s request.
- All entries must be accompanied by an original AOA/ARI Alpaca Registry Certificate for each animal, an Owner of Record to Show form where appropriate, and a picture no larger than 4”by6”.
- Entries must be postmarked by September 1, 2015 and received by September 8, 2015. Entries postmarked after September 1, 2015 will be returned.
- Spin-off entries will be combined into color groups according to show size. No refunds, substitutions or changes allowed after September 8, 2015.
- Only mail-in spin-off entries will be accepted. Spin-off entries are to be mailed back only if the appropriate fee ($8 per five entries) is enclosed with entry. Not responsible for lost or damaged entries.
ENTRIES WITH INCOMPLETE INFORMATION OR INCORRECT PAYMENT AMOUNTS WILL BE RETURNED FOR CORRECTION, PLEASE CHECK YOUR ENTRIES CAREFULLY.