Livestock Vendor Stalls Now Available! CLICK HERE to learn more.
Everyone exhibiting or showing livestock animals must read, sign, and return the 2013 SAFF Livestock Rules and Regulations Acknowledgement Form. Please print out and return to Cindy Wurster, 1034 Champion Ferry Road, Gaffney, SC 29341. Thank you!
This year, Alpacas are invited to participate in the Walking Fleece Show On Friday afternoon. Please see the Llama show page for details.
If you are interested in bringing exhibit alpacas to SAFF in 2012, stalls will be available in Barn B, across from the McGough Arena. Exhibit stalls are $45 each. You can bring your own panels to put up outside, or SAFF can provide panels for you for an additional $15/stall. Stalls will be assigned on a first-come basis.
Please read the guidelines for bringing animals to SAFF that are listed below. All animals MUST adhere to these rules.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Rules and Regulations:
Please read the SAFF General Livestock Rules and Regulations. All entrants MUST adhere to these rules.2013 SAFF Livestock Rules and Regulations Acknowledgement Form
Updated April, 2013.
All Livestock Show Participants must download the 2013 SAFF Livestock Rules and Regulations Acknowledgement Form, then print, sign and return it to their show superintendent.
All other Livestock participants should mail their signed copy to:
1034 Champion Ferry Road, Gaffney, SC 29341
Failure to do so will result in them not being allowed to participate in SAFF 2013. No Exceptions.
SAFF 2013 Livestock Rules and Regulations
Please note: Parking is at a premium at this event. PLEASE DO NOT PARK YOUR LIVESTOCK TRAILERS IN THE PUBLIC PARKING LOT! They should be parked either in the open exercise arena near Fanning Bridge, or behind the covered arena, along the fence along Airport Rd. Anyone parking their trailer in the public area will be asked to move it – and it’ll be a lot harder finding a good place to park it then, than if it was parked right the first time.
- Entry Fees: See individual show rules for entry fee information.
- Exhibit and Sale: those wishing to bring animals to exhibit and perhaps to sell, but not for show, may apply for an exhibit booth space/pen. Please refer to prices in the individual show entry forms and website pages. A maximum of 4 animals is allowed per pen. Space for these animals will be assigned pending availability of barn space after show animals have been accommodated. All sales will be handled by private treaty.
- No product sales will be allowed in the livestock show/exhibit booth area unless you have registered and paid for a Livestock Vendor Stall. Please see Livestock Vendor Stall information on the website for details. All other retail sales must be conducted from a vendor booth in the designated vendor areas.
- Return of Fees: No Entry Fees will be returned after the entry deadlines. See individual show rules.
- Check In: Check in will be from Noon until 6:00 p.m. Thursday and Friday. You may be requested to pay for extra veterinarian fees. All animals must be checked in and penned during this time. Pen space will be assigned by a SAFF representative. A maximum of 4 animals per pen is allowed. Tack space will be available at additional charge if space allows. Please keep aisles clear and your pens neat.
- Trailer Parking: All trailers will be parked in designated trailer parking area behind the covered arena or in the open arena. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Vehicles in the Covered Arena: No vehicles will be allowed to drive into the covered arena while shows are in progress.
- Provisions: Animal owners must provide their own hay, feed and containers for feed and water.
- Release Time: Animals stalled in the barns (alpacas, llamas, and any livestock vendor stall animals) may be released at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. All animals (sheep and goats) will be released from the covered arena (attached to McGough Arena) at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. FAILURE TO OBSERVE THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN A FORFEITURE OF PREMIUMS AND THE PARTIES INVOLVED WILL LOSE THE PRIVILEDGE TO PARTICIPATE IN SAFF 2014.
- Show Committee: The Show Committee reserves the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and classifications and to arbitrarily settle all matters questioned or disputed.
- Responsibility: The Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair is not responsible for damage or loss while on the Fairgrounds.
- Dogs: No Dogs, other than stock dogs, will be allowed in any building housing livestock at any time! Please leave your pets at home. Stock dogs will be under close control and supervision at all times. Thank you for your cooperation.
Health Rules: IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY
- All animals coming to SAFF from within the state of North Carolina WILL NOT need health papers.
- All animals coming to SAFF from outside the state of North Carolina must have Health Papers that are current within 60 days of the event – in other words, they can be no older than August 27, 2013.
- SAFF has the right to refuse any animal that does not appear healthy. Any animal with signs of poor health or infectious disease must be removed from the grounds immediately! Animals shipped with suspect animals may also be subject to removal. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in expulsion from the fairgrounds and fees will be forfeited.
Note: Please refer to specific show rules for information which may apply only to that show.
- Any persons breaking any of the above rules WILL NOT be invited to participate in SAFF 2014.
- Any persons refusing to comply with any of the rules and regulations WILL be asked to leave the grounds immediately and WILL NOT be allowed to return to SAFF 2013 and/or future SAFFs.
- SAFF reserves the right to keep anyone from being a part of SAFF 2013 and/or future SAFFs for ANY reason.